We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars.



I'm just an eighteen year old girl with a blog
from the suburbs of upstate New York.
Who dreams of city lights.
My life can be beautiful sometimes.




Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Bible

I've recently come across (and by recently come across I mean, bought last summer and have just now gotten round to reading) an amazing, new age bible of a book. Ever girl needs to own, or at least read Cosmo's Red-Hot Sex Secrets. Its even better than your monthly fix of the sex loving, gossip filled, fashion forward favorite that is Cosmopolitan magazine. 




563671_382132638473425_100000300756825_1222121_289890941_n

546052_382132935140062_100000300756825_1222122_114123669_n


I found myself in love with the chapter Bed-Me Beauty, which focuses on how to look your sexiest by using makeup. I must admit, I was blown away by the simplicity of it. Their advice? Guys naturally dig big, sexy, sparkling eyes. Use a bronze toned eyeliner long the outer corner of you eye- top and bottom lash line- and smudge it out a bit. Then take an eyeshadow that is the same shade as the eyeliner and sweep it across your lid, bringing it out a bit to create the illusion on bigger eyes. Plus smoky is always sexy in my book. Champagne color on the inner corner, two coats of black mascara and voila! After reading this I simply said to myself.... Why didn't I think of that?! I think as makeup addicts we forget that simple is sexy. I will try to work on achieving this care-free sexy look... but I loves my makeup oh so much!




"From an evolutionary standpoint, big, bright eyes have been one of a woman's most potent seduction tools."



Per advice from the author of this book (whom I only could imagine must be God) I'm going to start playing up lips more.  They suggest tracing just along the outer edges of your lips with a neutral lip liner and then using a rosy-toned lipstick. Pop a shimmering champagne color under the center of your bottom lip and along your cupid's bow. Why didn't anyone tell me makeup could be this easy? They mention a couple of bits and bobs on perfume and hair care. Try to find a perfume that mimics your already alluring natural scent, something sweet and musky (right up my alley!) and always use shine enhancing finishing spray on your hair. Just a couple of steps to sexy, thats all it takes! Please pick up this book, it's definitely worth the splurge and a must have for every girl (I also love the photography in it!). Give it a skim next time you hit Barnes&Noble- you'll be happy you did. It doesn't stop at beauty advice. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment