We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars.



I'm just an eighteen year old girl with a blog
from the suburbs of upstate New York.
Who dreams of city lights.
My life can be beautiful sometimes.




Monday, June 25, 2012

L'oreal Root Rescue Review



rr


Wow, that's a mouthful. Hey beauties, I know its been a while but tried a new product yesterday and simply must share it with you! I'm a natural dirty blonde ;) and trying to maintain a color as dark as I've been sporting lately is no east feat. Whenever I dye my hair, it stays fresh and even and lovely for a while, but after about the two week mark the top starts too fade. And when I say fade I mean like ridiculous fadeage; the ends will still be that creamy, dreamy dark, almost black/brown that I love just oh so much, but the the whole top will be almost as light as my natural color. No bueno. It's not even just my roots coming in, its the entire top of my head, almost down to the top of my ears (I'm an aggressive shampooer).

I picked up L'oreal Root Rescue in Dark Brown 4 purely out of curiosity, I've always been interested in root touch up kits so I figured why not give it a go. If it came out bad I could have just gone over it with an all over color. I had several concerns about this product from the start: What if it doesn't match my color? and What if there is not enough product to cover what  need to? My fear of not having enough intensified when I opened the box and saw the bottle. It was small, but let me tell you, this thing packs a punch! I was blown away with how amazing this stuff it. I'm in love, It covered everything I wanted to and then some and couldn't be a better color match. I also love the comb applicator- so easy! Another bonus is that it was totally mess-free, dye didn't go anywhere other than my hair (I credit this to the fucking awesome, precise applicator).

Upon reading reviews on MakeupAlley.com after using it, I was shocked to see that the reviews were overwhelmingly negative. I figured I should throw my opinion out there, because I thought it was a wonderful product and wouldn't want someone else to miss out on it. Complaints were mainly from women looking for gray coverage, so if that's what you're looking for I can't offer an opinion. But if you're in the market for a straight up color touch up, I think It's fabulous! And I most definitely will be repurchasing. 5/5 stars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment